- 2 slices smoke house bacon, sliced 1/4" thick
- 3 cups potatoes, cooked, diced 1/4 "
- 1 cup rutabegas, diced 1/4"
- 1 cup turnips, Diced 1/4"
- 1/2 cup celery, diced 1/4"
- 1 cup onions, diced 1/4"
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 pounds corned bison, 1/4" diced
- 1 cup bison cooking liquid - or au jus
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Dice cooked potatoes 1/4", set aside
- In heavy bottomed pan brown the bacon, remove leaving fat behind
- Saute onions, celery, rutabegas and turnips in heavy bottomed pan with the dripping from the bacon for 10 min on medium high heat
- Reduce heat to medium. Add Bison cooking liquid and cook until vegetables are tender. (approx 15 min)
- Remove from heat, fold in potatoes, cooked ground bison and parsley. Mix and season with salt
- Can be made up to three days before service or portioned and frozen for those special weekend morningss
Yield: 1 1/4 quarts